“…some of Tasmania's most picturesque accommodation…”
Port Arthur, Tasmania Australia
Nestled between a beach, a forest, the ocean, a national park and Australia's profound Port Arthur Historic Site, Stewarts Bay Lodge at Port Arthur provides comfortable, luxury accommodation on Tasmania's Tasman Peninsula.
Stewarts Bay Lodge sits on Tasmania's renowned East Coast, an icon of immense physical beauty, incredible history and rich natural diversity just 90 minutes from Hobart. We are the perfect base to explore Tasmania's Cape Hauy walk, the first of the Three Capes Walk and one of Tasmania's Great Short Walks.
Coupled with the fantastic food at our adjoining Taylor's Restaurant and Function Centre, Stewarts Bay Lodge is the perfect venue for any event, from corporate conferences and seminars to beautiful wilderness or beach weddings.
Relax and recharge your batteries
- Absolute waterfront
- Adjoins the Port Arthur Historic Site
- Guests can enter the convict site via our 15 minute waterfront walking track
- Log cabins with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms
- Luxury spa lodges
- All cabins are fully self-contained with modern kitchen and laundry facilities
- 22 acres of protected bush setting with abundant native animals and birds
- Booking site for all tourist attractions around Port Arthur
- Fully licensed restaurant with extensive wine list
- Private dining room available
- Conference, event and wedding catering
- Espresso coffee
7 Reasons To Stay 7 Days
1. GO FISHIHG - Simply put, the fishing is great. Bring a line and catch your dinner.
2. BUILD A SANDCASTLE - You're never too old for a bucket and spade! Best to get a helper under 10 years old.
3. GO FOR A BUSHWALK - The Tasman Peninsula has some of the best walks in the country. Stretch your legs. The fresh air is great. Take an exhilarating walk to one of the three Capes or play on the big dunes at Cresent Bay.
4. IMMERSE YOURSELF IN HISTORY - The Peninsula is home to one of the defining experiences of Australian settlement - convict transportation. Gain a fascinating insight into what it means to be Australian.
5. INDULGE IN LOCAL PRODUCE - Have a superb platter of fresh Atlantic salmon, mussels, oysters, quail, Doo Town meats, fresh strawberries, raspberries, apples and stone fruits.
6. TRY FOR A HOLE IN ONE - The Tasman Golf Course is an extraordinary course perched on the edge of cliffs; ideal for the learner or experienced golfer. Visitors are welcome.
7. READ A BOOK - You never have time at home but there's plenty of time at Stewarts Bay Lodge. A lazy day in the sun with a good book is one of life's great pleasures.